SCOM 2012 SP1 - Created a new group and unable to "find" newly created group to create custom report

Hello,

I just created a new custom dynamic group based on database instances using a wildcard.  The group "DBgroup" populates just fine, I can see the members when choosing to view them via the group properties.  My issue is that when I'm going into the reporting pane, choosing the MS generic report library, and then choosing custom configuration...I am unable to "FIND" my group that i just created?   My questions are is there a length of time in which this group will get populated to the report server or do I have an issue?  I see no errors in the logs on the report server or management server.   I have not seen this before and I'm unsure where to go from here.  Any help is appreciated, thanks.

March 2nd, 2013 4:47am

Hello,

Does the group pop-up in the list now? It may take hours for the new Computer Group could be used in the reports.

Besides, did you define a Group Scope for your user role? 

Thanks,

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 8th, 2013 12:25pm

Hello,

Does the group pop-up in the list now? It may take hours for the new Computer Group could be used in the reports.

Besides, did you define a Group Scope for your user role? 

T

March 8th, 2013 5:25pm

Hi,

did you solve the Problem?

I also cannot see my custom Group. In SCOM 2007 there was no Problem about that...

• Edited by CarstenJuli Friday, November 08, 2013 3:59 PM
November 8th, 2013 6:59pm

There is a sync issue/latency between the operational database and the data warehouse in your case. Groups should appear in the data warehouse within just a minute or two in most environments. Check errors and performance on your management servers and sql servers.
January 13th, 2014 9:55pm

Hi

Do you see any error or warning Events in the OperationsManager Windows Event log on one of the management servers which could be related to db issues?

Cheers,

Stefan

January 14th, 2014 1:24am

try running the below query on the DW:

SELECT DisplayName FROM vManagedEntity 
WHERE ManagedEntityTypeRowID in 
(SELECT ManagedEntityTypeRowID from dbo.ManagedEntityDerivedTypeHierarchy 
((SELECT ManagedEntityTypeRowId from vmanagedentitytype 
WHERE managedentitytypesystemname = 'system.group'),0)) 
ORDER BY DisplayName

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/319ad4cf-fb27-4f1f-9041-ec28e8295f44/where-can-i-find-the-groups-for-scom-in-the-operationsmanagerdw?forum=operationsmanagergeneral

See if you can see the group.

Thanks Martin.

January 16th, 2014 11:24pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics